The special feature of our portfolio is that it contributes to all 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The UN sustainability goals are characterised by the fact that global problems are viewed holistically and ecological, social and economic improvement of the global situation is the aim.
Under the central motto “leave no one behind”, the SDGs call on us to reach each and every person and direct special attention to the disadvantaged. As a global plan, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals want to guarantee peace and prosperity for all people and at the same time protect the planet as the basis of life for all people.
To make sure we can guarantee the high quality of the portfolio, each of the 18 projects must meet strict quality criteria. The projects in our portfolio are spread across the world on four continents.
- Ethiopia and Kenya – Solar panels for education and quality of life
- Kenya – Savings associations enable women to cook efficiently
- Kenya – Reduced logging thanks to efficient cookers
- Madagascar – Back to the green island with solar cookers
- Rwanda – Efficient cookers save habitat for the last mountain gorillas
- Uganda – Through UV radiation to clean drinking water
- Uganda – Clean drinking water through filter systems
- India – biogas for rural households
- Indonesia – stable electricity supply thanks to hydropower
- Myanmar – Mangrove reforestation and the empowerment of women
- Vietnam – Waste becomes biogas for small farmers
- Romania – circular economy through plastic recycling
- Bolivia – Improved quality of life through solar cookers
- Brazil – biomass instead of gas boilers
- Brazil – Electricity from FSC wood waste in the Amazon
- Nicaragua – Small coffee farmers are preparing for climate change
- Nicaragua – Municipal reforestation
- Peru – Less smoke with efficient cookers